Thursday, January 28, 2010

Black Bean Soup


Black beans are probably one of my favorite beans. They are so diverse to use and have such great texture. These luscious legumes are the staple of cuisines around the world including Mexico, Guatemala, Cuba and Brazil.
Did you know that one serving of black beans has 10 times the antioxidant value in that of an orange? Black beans also give you vital energy, stabilize blood sugar, lower cholesterol, replenish iron storage and lower your risk of heart attack! Not only are they healthy but delicious too! The soup that I made began with sauteed onions and garlic, then I added flavors of cumin, dill and cinnamon and finished with pureed and whole black beans. I will post this recipe soon I just have a bit of editing to do. Hope this makes y'all want to cook up some beans!

4 comments:

  1. Arabelle and I had homemade black beans and sour cream for lunch today and we both went back for 2nds, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! I've only seen pictures of the little babe, but she looks adorable. I would love to meet all of them next time I'm up. I'm so glad she already likes beans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black beans are my fav too! I have never had a really good black bean soup though, so as soon as you post the recipe I will have to try it...or better yet, maybe the next time I am in Portland we can have a black bean soup party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally,I think that the Black Bean Soup party sounds excellent! Next time you are here, consider it done. Say hi to baby Gretal!

    ReplyDelete