Sunday, May 23, 2010

Balsamic Quinoa, Black Olives, Italian Kale, Toasted Salty Pepitas and Coarse Ground Pepper


Yes it's been a while and I'm sure y'all are sick of looking at that damn Beet Carpaccio. I have been making recipes, just haven't found the time to post them. Here are two other blogs I am contributing to: The Foodie Foursome and Bob's Red Mill Bakery Blog. I hope you enjoy them all! Here is a dish I enjoyed the other night while watching the pouring rain from inside, where I was cozzily wrapped in my faux fur blanket.
It all started with a cold walk to the store to pick up some black olives. I knew I wanted something with Mediterranean flavors, as well as, some protein fortified quinoa. Why not cook my quinoa with tangy balsamic! I cooked 2 cups dry quinoa with 1 3/4 cups water, 1/4 cup balsamic vineagar and about two tablespoons olive oil. Cooked for 20 minutes, just like rice, and there it was fluffy and oh so fragrant! I then steamed the kale and prepared my other ingredients. A bed of steaming quinoa topped with ground pepper, a bit of salt, kale, black olives and lastly, salty pepitas! If you haven't tried quinoa yet, I highly suggest you do. Let me know if you need any suggestions on ways to prepare it. See you in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment