Friday, June 4, 2010

Whoa! Lots and lots of Garlic!


For my friday night dinner alone I decided on Italian food. I wanted something with tomato and garlic, of course. I made myself a creamy sauce consisting of potatoes, cauliflower and garlic. It looked much like an alfredo sauce, until I added the tomato paste.
First, I placed roughly chopped potatoes, onion, cauliflower and garlic cloves in a pot with boiling water. After all the contents of the pot were softly cooked, I strained them, saving the liquid, and placed them in my food processor. Pulse, pulse, pulse, then blended till smooth and silky. I added small amounts of the remaining water throughout the blending to produce the right consistency. Next, I added a bit of tomato paste and a couple more garlic cloves, along with a dash of rich olive oil. There it was a steaming smooth and oh so garlicky sauce ready to lay atop my bed of spinach and quinoa linguine. I added the sun-dried tomatoes to the sides and I was finished. Hope you enjoy the idea and see you in the kitchen!

1 comment: